You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Walk It Off

Life has a funny way of throwing you some curves. You think you're gonna zig, and, all of a sudden, there you are zagging. It's enough to give you a crick in your neck.

Of course, sometimes you can predict the zags if you pay enough attention to what's going on. But, sometimes, we aren't paying enough attention. We get distracted with the typical life stuff--family, friends, job... Other times, we REALLY want to zig, so we pay really close attention and try really hard to predict what our next move should be to make that happen. Sometimes it works. Other times, though, it doesn't.

That's why the blog from the person who swore they'd never blog was born. I hit a zag. I wanted to zig. I've worked hard to zig. And it's been hard to deal with the fact that I've failed.

So, I'm walking it off. Just like the loud, chaw-chewing, sweat-dripping football coaches of yore would tell their players to do when they had the wind knocked out of them. I'm going to walk off the zag. Or at least the hurt from the zag.

I have decided to train for a breast cancer walk. I'm not sure of much except I'm going to do it in Boston next year. I've also talked my friend into it, too. (I'm praying she'll still be my friend after we start this journey!)

So, what I need from you, my wonderful friends, is a promise that you will keep me motivated. I give you full permission to ride my butt if I don't stick to the training schedule. Otherwise, I will be able to find every excuse in the book not to do what I need to do the most. Walk it off.

Training schedule for August 2010

Monday through Friday--3 miles per day
Saturday and Sunday--4 miles per day

No comments: