You can't control how others act. You can control how you react.



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Changes

I have changed the topic of this blog three times now. Partly for this reason, I started thinking about changes. 

There have been tons of changes in my life recently. This is ironic since most of my life I've fought tooth and nail to keep a level of sameness.

Some changes have been relatively small. My children going back to school after summer break with all the changes that entails, for instance. Others have been HUGE. Closing up our business after seven years being an example.

Through all these changes, I've actually learned a few things about myself.

1) I can handle change better now than I could when I was younger. (I guess practice makes perfect in this area.)

2) Sometimes change is good, even when it doesn't seem like it initially.

3) Even if a change throws me for a complete loop, I can learn from it, no matter what.

4) If I don't like the change, don't want the change and know in the heart of hearts the change is wrong, I will fight it with everything I've got. But, if I know the change should happen, I've learn to let it and pray I will be stronger and wiser afterwards.


The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments: